Go here to watch the surprise. (You can fast forward to 1:23 seconds to see the surprise) And go here to see pictures!
On the 29th of March I along with my family gave my mom a HUGE SURPRISE BIRTHDAY BASH!! It was wonderful, inspirational, emotional, exciting- it was a great success. It lifted her spirits and helped her continue to on, to fight this cancer fight. With a week and half's notice we were able to get close to 200 people there. People came that have known my parents since they were newlyweds, over 40 years ago. There was a special spirit there and I will never forget how I felt. I think we all need to know just how much people love us and that our lives really do touch and inspire others. All of us need a party like this. Sometimes I think it'd be nice every 10 years! Mom joked that the party had a funeral feel to it. I was worried how she might feel about that. I've thought about how this party was 10 years overdo. Really. The cancer thing just inspired us to finally do something to celebrate mom. She's one of those people that you just take for granted. She's no trouble and is just as sweet as can be. I think there are people we all know that we tolerate, we can fill up a page with the things that annoy us about that person. I'm telling ya! I can't do this with my mom. Sure, she has some faults, but how can you concentrate on a person's faults when the good they do outshines all there insignificant little mess-ups. For 62 beautiful years she has been a ray of sunshine. She had sooooo many trials and is right in the middle of one now. While she was raising me I witnessed her positive attitude time and time again. She wasn't one to wallow in self-pity or to get dragged down when things got hard.
I love you mom! Thank you for teaching me so many things in your quiet way. Thank you for teaching me how to serve and love. Thank you for controlling your temper and teaching me how to act when things don't go my way. Thank you for being a rock- a strong foundation for my life. I have you to thank for so many of the characteristics that I like about myself. You are a light to so many people. Be strong. Be brave. Keep fighting this fight.
- Kim
- Every morning I wake up with a head full of things to do. I scramble around trying to put them in lists of importance all while trying to keep the peace within my little brood (trying to recall everything I've learned and read about parenting at the same time.) I love being a wife and the quirks that come with having my man forever. I love to be creative and thrive on crossing off my to do list. I strive to find balance and put first things first which brings me PEACE & JOY and allows me to sleep so much easier when I do. I think that one of the secrets to being HAPPY in life is to find that balance. I'm learning how to be kinder to myself and learning patience in progress. Everyday, through the thick and thin of life I'm trying to turn my heart towards heaven and remember what's really important.Oh, and I love to eat, so much so that I love to exercise too.
When I talked to you the other day, I knew just from your description of the party how special a moment that was for your mom, but watching it on video...hello! Pass the kleenex please! I do not know your mother at all, but it is so easy to see what a wonderful, and kind woman she is.
ReplyDeleteI love that she kept asking where the Bonefish was! She's too cute.
Your mom is so blessed to have such wonderful daughters and family members to do this for her.
Watching this seriously made my morning better!
"I want Bonefish!" I love it! What a great thing to do for a great woman...and I don't even know her! I DO know that she raised YOU, though...it's easy to see how you got so great!
ReplyDeleteYour mom is so cute. That was an amazing thing you guys did. Looks like it was such a special day for all of you. Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing things like this, they make me appreciate life and people more.
ReplyDeleteMy mother in law told us lots of things about the party, but I am going to check out those links to get a glimpse of what it was like.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that it went well and turned out great.
I hope my daughter treats me like that. I am so happy for your mom.
ReplyDeleteShe seems wonderful. Your truly blessed Kimi.
How wonderful for everybody! Your mom is an amazing lady! She babysat me once when I was really little and raked leavesinto a big pile for us to jump into. That was a first for me and I think of it every fall.
ReplyDeleteYou are so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteit was a treat to get to help you tell her how special she is- to you, to her family, to everyone. :) tracie
ReplyDelete